Events and Partners
The Military and Veterans’ Resource Center (MAVRC) hosts several events that are designed to build camaraderie and support a military-inclusive Georgetown. Every year, the MAVRC will host the following events:
- Military-Connected Student Graduation Reception—A unique social reception and awards ceremony for graduating military-connected students.
- Vet Ally—Cultural competency training for Georgetown students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Veterans Day—A University-wide celebration to recognize the sacrifices of our military community.
The MAVRC will also host ad-hoc events with prospective employers, military and veteran support organizations, as well as professional workshops and guest lecturers on topics of unique interest to our military community. The MAVRC will typically promote these events via the MAVRC’s campus groups page.
The MAVRC maintains partnerships with three veteran service organizations to uphold our commitment to the military community and provide enhanced opportunities to our students. The MAVRC is currently a university partner with:
- Dog Tag Bakery—through a five-month entrepreneurship program, Dog Tag Bakery equips veterans, military spouses, and caregivers with the skills necessary to run a successful small business.
- Warrior-Scholar Project—a veteran service organization that provides college readiness training to enlisted veterans.
- The Pat Tillman Foundation—A veteran service organization that invests in the military community through academic merit-based scholarships. Georgetown assists in selecting Tillman Scholars and Georgetown students receive special preference when applying.