How to Give
The Veterans Office is structured to provide resources and support to military students and their families as they acclimate to Georgetown University’s campuses with the spirit of St. Ignatius and the Jesuit values guiding us in our daily interactions. We rely on generous contributions to enhance services and programming to foster an academic environment that is military-friendly. We value the gifts that come in the form of engagement and financial support and therefore, we uphold the responsibility to ensure that your generous contributions efficiently benefits military student achievement at Georgetown University.
Your philanthropic gift can provide:
- Expanded services to provide in depth transitional advising, career planning, and connect faculty and administrators to resources that foster a supportive campus environment among all Washington D.C. campuses.
- Contributions to programs such as Military Awareness Month, Warrior Scholar Project, VET Ally, and programming opportunities that will provide educational value inside and outside of the classroom.
- Expanded scholarships that will close any out of pocket expenses that are not covered by Military Education Benefits.
Your considerable gift of engagement can provide:
- Mentorship opportunities to prospective and current military students to highlight different successful academic and career tracks post Georgetown University.
- Expanded career networks for recent military student graduates who are transitioning to a different or promotional career tracks.
You may make a donation online by going to the Office of Advancement and by designating your funds to go to the Veterans Office.
Follow the steps below to make an online donation:
- Go to http://campaign.georgetown.edu
- Select Make a Gift
- In the drop-down menu select Other and type in Veterans Office
- If you would like to specify a specific program, you can specify in the Special Instructions
If you would prefer to mail a check donation, you can make the check payable to Georgetown University and list the Veterans Office in the memo. Checks can be sent to:
3520 Prospect Street NW
Car Barn 224
Washington, D.C. 20007
If you would like to donate your time by attending programs, we will post events on our calendar. In addition, if you would like to mentor prospective and/or current students, please be sure to complete the Military Alumni Database form and we will connect you to students interested in connecting with a mentor. Lastly, if you are aware of job opportunities, please refer to our Career Services tab to learn more about posting a job opening to current military students.
Thank you for your continued support!